- Tag Archives Driverless Cars
Continue reading Post ID 90263
- Driving is one of those tasks that is so tedious, dangerous, and demanding that it almost screams to be handled by robots. Recently, the technology has finally begun to to catch up with common sense. The elevator pitch for self driving cars is a no-brainer.
- 1.2 million people die in car accidents every year, and 50,000 are maimed. We could save almost all of those lives. Millions of people waste billions of hours commuting . Now they can work, watch Netflix, or read a book. Robot cars would let us get rid of parking lots and traffic jams.
- Blind people, the elderly, and people too young to drive would be able move around freely without a human driver. The savings in lives, dollars, and productivity is incalculable. Machines don’t get drunk, tired, or distracted. They follow traffic laws exactly. These are things that everybody wants, with far-reach implications — the hundred billion-dollar question is, how long is it going to take us to get there?
- Continue reading Post ID 90263