Warning Description: Wind Chill Advisory
Warning Date: 4:41 am EST on January 30, 2015
WarningSum:...Wind Chill Advisory Remains In Effect From 11 Pm This Evening
To 11 Am Est Saturday...
Warning Message:* locations...east slopes of the Berkshires.
* Hazard types...dangerously cold wind chills.
* Wind chill readings...as low as 23 below.
* Timing...after midnight tonight through Saturday morning.
* Impacts...frostbite can develop in just 30 minutes with a wind
chill index of -20.
* Winds...northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
A Wind Chill Advisory is issued when the wind chill index is
likely to reach -15 to -24 degrees for at least 3 hours.
Frostbite can develop in just 30 minutes with a wind chill index
of -20. If you are heading outdoors...dress in layers and wear a
hat and gloves.
(162.475Mhz) WXJ41 on Soapstone Mountain in Somers Connecticut